- More Good Teachers is a report from the Policy Exchange thinktank which investigates how the quality of teaching can be improved by attracting good candidates to the profession, and offering them more productive training.
- Teaching Effective Vocabulary is a concise overview of some of the methods that teachers can use to increase the word power of their pupils.
- Improving the Mental Health and Psychological Wellbeing of Young People is an interim report from an ongoing investigation into how to improve services in this area.
- Engaging Parents in their Children's Learning is a new publication from the GTCE.
- Emerging Patterns of School Leadership: Current Practice and Future Directions is a brief research report from the National College for School Leadership
As usual the latest issue of OnTheWeb (see previous post for details) is packed with details of new reports and research relating to education, early years and childhood. So without further ado, here are some of the highlights: