- Improving the Outcomes for Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Pupils: Literature Review is a new research report commissioned by the DCSF, and should be of interest to any of those students who have enquired about this topic in the past.
- Also new from the DCSF is an investigation into the impact of the government's programme of Extended Flexible Entitlement for Three- and Four Year Olds.
- Families Information Services: Evaluation of Services Provided looks at how local authorities have been implementing Family Information Services (FIS), which were established in April of last year.
- The latest Sure Start Children’s Centres: Survey of Parents has just been published.
- Those of you who work with ICT in schools will be interested in Safeguarding Children Online: How E-Safe are your School and Your Learners, a leaflet from Becta outlining e-safety issues and management strategies.
- Those of you with enquiries about School Parent Partnership should take a look at School-Parent Partnerships: a Short Guide; this has been published by the Family and Parenting Institute, and contains advice for both education professionals and parents, as well as suggestions for further sources of information.
A round up of various bits and pieces which have been published during February: