- The Cabinet Office has today published Early Intervention: Smart Investment, Massive Savings. This is a report from Graham Allen MP which calls for more money to be spent improving the lives of children from deprived backgrounds.
- New DfE research has concluded that a shortage of high quality childcare could disrupt the roll-out of free places to disadvantaged two-year-olds. The full report for the study can be accessed by clicking here.
- Too Old to Care? is the title of a new report from the Grandparents Plus charity, which argues that many social workers consider grandparents over the age of 65 too old to raise their grandchildren.
- The latest report from the EPPSE Project is entitled Performing Against the Odds, and examines how parents of disadvantaged children can play a role in helping their achievement.
- The DfE has also just published Investigating the Role of Language in Children's Early Educational Outcomes, which examines the impact of the early communication environment in the first two years of a child's life.
There have been several new reports in recent days which may interest visitors to this site, so without further ado: